The event is held every Thanksgiving morning. Onondaga Lake Park near Griffins visitor center. Under the lights on the lake. This year’s takes place Thursday, November 23rd. The starting gun goes off at 9:00 am SHARP!
- Roller blades, strollers and dogs are not allowed on the race course without race directors permission. If you have permission you will be starting in the back of the race.
The Liverpool Turkey Trot will utilizes a wave start, creating a more efficient and enjoyable running and walking experience for participants. Soon after the Bag Pipes play we start at 9am.
A wave start breaks up the start line for participants into five separate groups
- 5 to 6 min mile running pace.
- 7 to 8 min mile pace runners.
- 9 to 10 min mile pace runners.
- 11-12 min mile pace runners.
- 13 min & above mile runners and walkers.
Benefits of a wave start (mile pace) include:
- A more enjoyable experience for participants including less congestion from start to finish
- Reduction in density of participants at the start line, finish line and throughout the course, allowing for easier access for safety as well as LTT race officials
- More participants will be able to experience the “start” of the LTT
Last Chance Registration
You can register in person after online sign ups end at the following locations:
- Monday (11-20) at Davidson Ford route 31 from 5pm to 8pm.
- Tuesday (11-21) at Raymours & Flannigan route 31 from 5pm to 8pm.
- Before the race (11-23) from 730am to 840am at the race site same place as packet pick-up on race day.
Unfortunately we do not offer refunds as funds are invested into the event and charities.
Pre and Post Race
The Pre and Post-race is held at near inside or outside White Water Pub. A friendly area, food refreshments-Bagels-donuts-banana, music. Coffee-Juice
Out and back, flat and fast for both 5k and 5 mile. Please line up in your mile pace for a 5k or 5 mile run.
T-shirts will be available for pickup for those who pre-registered before Wednesday ( 11/15) at Packet pickup locations and on race day.
*A very limited number of shirts may be available after Wednesday (11/15) on a first come first serve basis.
Runners 7 and under do not receive a T-shirt and this point (11/11)
*Please note T-shirts must be picked up on race day or packet pickup- Any shirt not picked up on race day will be forfeited, we do not mail or hold shirts for participants.
Complete race results and pictures will be listed following the race at:
1. www.LiverpoolTurkeyTrot.com and our Facebook page
2. Auyer Race Timing <email@example.com>
Top 5 finishers in both races will receive a podium picture and and top finisher shirts in both men and woman category's.
Age category's with be broken down into:
0-17 First 3 finishers recognized
18-49 First 3 finishers recognized
50- up First 3 finishers recognized
Do turkeys have chicks?
While many people call young turkeys “chicks”, they are actually called “poults”.